After a number of extensive renovations in late-2015 and early-2016, the museum’s gift shop celebrated its grand re-opening in June 2016. Since then, the gift shop has seen tremendous growth, and it continues to grow as one of the community’s favorite places to find unique gifts and souvenirs.
Below are some of the changes that can be found at the museum’s new gift shop.
More convenient check-out experience
We’ve updated our gift shop to include a modernized point-of-sale system, making checking-out quick and easy for our patrons and allows us to focus more closely on ensuring that each and every experience is a memorable one for our customers.
New and exciting products
We’ve supplied our store with a variety of new products which help to better accentuate Halifax County’s long and colorful history and the culture and lifestyle of the South. Among many of our best-selling items, the gift shop now offers:
- A broader variety of books written by local authors and relevant to regional and local history
- A wide selection of sweets and treats in our new Southern Delights section
- A revamped kid’s section with toys, gadgets, and gizmos for all to enjoy
- A collection of original and printed art pieces by local and regional artists
- An assortment of knick-knacks and souvenirs significant to the old-fashion and country living
Member Loyalty Program
Those who join the Membership Program at the Silver-level or higher are now rewarded for their support, which includes discounts to many of the items available in the gift shop.
The gift shop now offers wine selections from each of the county’s three vineyards.